Another song that I really love is For You Are Holy. We sang it in church tonight, and it's a simple song just declaring that God is holy, praising Him for that attribute. Here is a link to the song. Just be silent and listen to the lyrics. Praise God - He alone is worthy!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
I've been thinking lately... I love songs and singing, especially worship songs...and I often find myself just singing, but not really listening to what I'm singing. You know, not really letting the lyrics of the worship songs penetrate my heart....and that's a problem. I can sing and read and talk about things, but my mind can be in a completely different place - I'm not focused on what I'm doing. Instead of letting my mind wander I need to be intentional about thinking about what I'm singing to God so that I can focus on worshiping Him in song. Do I really mean what I am singing? For example, in the song Blessed Be Your Name, it talks about calling the Lord's name blessed in times of abundance and suffering, when He gives and takes away. Convicting lyrics, huh? Do I always say "blessed be the name of the Lord" when things go differently than I think they should?
Another song that I really love is For You Are Holy. We sang it in church tonight, and it's a simple song just declaring that God is holy, praising Him for that attribute. Here is a link to the song. Just be silent and listen to the lyrics. Praise God - He alone is worthy!
Another song that I really love is For You Are Holy. We sang it in church tonight, and it's a simple song just declaring that God is holy, praising Him for that attribute. Here is a link to the song. Just be silent and listen to the lyrics. Praise God - He alone is worthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment